Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. This two day course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions and will give you:
- A deeper understanding of Mental Health and the factors that can affect peoples wellbeing
- Practical Skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
The course will take place at our Wakefield Training Centre on 7 and 8 November. For further information and to book please call us on 01924 842787