Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. This two day course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions and will give you:
- A deeper understanding of Mental Health and the factors that can affect peoples wellbeing
- Practical Skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.