This course is aimed at health and social care workers and looks at identifying the early signs of pressure sores to prevent them from progressing.
Who should attend:
All staff should be aware of the methods in place for prevention and details of the care required once a sore has developed.
The course will include:
- Knowledge of what a pressure sore is and how it is caused
- Indications to the extent of pressure sore problems within the UK
- Identifying pressure areas on the body
- How to identify the risks of pressure sores developing
- Knowledge on the 4 grades of pressure sores
- Definition of duty of care
- Knowledge of the functions and characteristics of skin
- Promoting individuals well-being
Course duration and assessment:
This training course is available in a full day or half day format, both conclude with a written assessment of knowledge and successful candidates will receive a certificate of successful completion and achievement.
<< Back to Other Courses