Introducing person centred planning as a fundamental principle of social care this course aims to increase understanding of PCP through discussion and practical application of skills that can reduce challenging behaviour. Emphasis is placed on the learners' ability to implement a person centred approach and encourage active participation.
Who should attend:
This course is primarily aimed at health and social care workers.
The course will include:
- Definitions of person centred values
- Knowledge of how to implement a person centred approach
- Definition of consent and the its importance when providing care and support
- How to encourage active participation
- Supporting an individual's right to make a choice
- Promoting individuals well-being
Course duration and assessment:
This training duration is one day and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge; successful candidates will receive a certificate of successful completion and achievement.
<< Back to Other Courses