This course provides all staff with the awareness surrounding these impairments and enables them to put this knowledge into practice within their work setting allowing them to improve the lives of those with such impairments.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at health and social care workers who work with people who have visual or hearing impairment.
The course will include:
- Understanding the terms low vision and deafness
- Causes of Low Vision and sight loss
- Causes of deafness and hearing loss
- Looking at the range of assistive aids
- Ways in which staff can help
Course duration and assessment:
This training course is available in a half day format, concluding with a written assessment of knowledge and successful candidates will receive a certificate of successful completion and achievement.
<< Back to Other Courses