This course gives learners the underpinning knowledge in developing an understanding of Epilepsy and the different approaches which can help you understand an individual's experience and be able to manage their care more effectively.
Who should attend:
The course is aimed at all employees who work in health and social care who may support those who live with Epilepsy.
The course will include:
- Understanding the main causes of epilepsy
- Recognising the signs & symptoms of the different forms of epilepsy
- Common triggers for seizures
- Diagnostic procedures
- Guidelines for treatment of epilepsy
- Medicines used for epilepsy and side effects
- Complimentary therapies that can help
- Recording seizures
- Effective First Aid for epilepsy
- Status epilepticus
Course duration and assessment:
This training duration is half a day and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge;successful candidates will receive a certificate of successful completion and achievement.
<< Back to Other Courses