This course concentrates on giving learners the underpinning knowledge in developing practical awareness with regards to Challenging Behaviour. We also focus on an appreciation of the different approaches which can help you understand an individual's experience and be able to manage their care more effectively.
Who should attend:
The course is aimed at all workers who come into contact with service users demonstrating behaviours which are challenging.
The course will include:
- Definition and causes of challenging behaviour
- Recognition and management of triggers
- Communication and its effects on behaviour
- Importance of using person centred approach
- Outline of the continuum of aggression, identifying different behaviours and using the appropriate interventions to manage the behaviour
- The importance of effective de-brief
- Recognising the impact of positive and negative behaviours
- Disengagement and holding techniques
Course duration and assessment:
This training duration is one day and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge; successful candidates will receive a certificate of successful completion and achievement.
<< Back to Other Courses