This informative course is designed for all staff that may be called upon to administer medication in the course of their duties. It can also be beneficial for those working with medication but not actually administering.
Using a mix of practical examples and discussion our aim is to help learners understand the complexities of medication in the workplace and realise certain employer and employee obligations within this.
Who should attend:
All staff that may be called upon to administer medication in the course of their duties. The course would also benefit those working with service users who utilise medication, even if they do not administer but do prompt.
The course will include:
- Employer and employee obligations
- How medication should be stored
- Different types of medication and how they work
- Knowledge of the common adverse reactions
- The seven guidelines of medication administration
- Controlled drugs and oxygen
- Drug errors
- Disposal of medication
Course duration and assessment:
This training course is delivered as either a full or half day session and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge.